Monday, March 7, 2011

February Favorite


I knew, as soon as I heard that this week's I Heart Faces was for your favorite shot of the month, that I'd choose something from this wedding.
I'm a fan of couples (and families!) who don't always take the traditional route to happiness. Like Jamie and I. We were friends for FIFTEEN YEARS before we ever became a couple. Friends since high school, it wasn't until the time was right that our lives meshed forever.
Our dear friends Ray and Jessica are much like that. They dated in high school and had a baby. She's now 19, and stood up as the Maid of Honor at her parents' wedding less than a month ago. I told you non-traditional route!
I snapped this photo moments after the ceremony, as 200+ people milled around or made their way to the bar. Musicians were tuning their instruments, hugs and high fives all around, but none of that interfered with *them*. This moment of peace between the two of them makes my heart pitter patter every time I look at it, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

This photo is my submission to this week's I Heart Faces challenge. Want to see more amazing photos? Click here:

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.... this is stunning!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lizz...love that it looks like it's just the two of them without another soul around! :> (WOW...actually wrote that before I finished reading the text...wanted to respond to what I SAW vs read of the photo...it really was like nobody was around, in the middle of everybody! Great capture!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and intimate. I love how you captured their little world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can feel their love. Perfect photo.

    ReplyDelete