Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Taking it Old School"

The challenge for this week was to apply some "old school" effects to a current digital photo. In keeping with the theme, I chose to shoot one of Jamie's "old school" coffee grinders. I had a few plays with this one, just because I was having so much fun!
So here are a few versions with various film effects applied:




And now, for a little "behind the scenes" information... here's what the image looked like, SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera): I used a couple sheets of my scrapbooking cardstock for the background, and then strategic cropping and Photoshopping to make it appear seamless. I'll definitely be using this method in the future to photograph small objects, so it gives me almost limitless options for colors! Goodness knows I have enough scrapbook paper!

And then here's what it looked like after making the ACR and Photoshop adjustments (where I started to then add the film effects):


Image shot at f/7.1, ISO 800, 18-70mm @ 40mm

No comments:

Post a Comment